Saturday 18 January 2014

Welcoming in 2014

13th January

Hi
Happy New Year to everyone, I hope you had a Christmas as wonderful as mine was.But I have been so busy since New Year that I couldn't say just what I have been doing its been rather hectic,
and here we are already two weeks into 2014. One thing I have been doing is re-organising the office it was  chaos in there.  For me January is always somewhat demanding with the usual annual payments for this and that and they all have risen in price. I think every aspect of owning a house is covered by insurance these days they don’t half frighten you with horrid stores of  “what if.” I like to keep household accounts so I am in control from the start of the year. Last year panned out well, so I am hoping this year will be the same. 

Thought I might have to buy a new Desktop Computer this month  as this one being rather elderly as PC go, it runs Windows Vista, was being rather temperamental and refusing to obey me and we cannot have that . Anyway after a few taps here and there, plugs out and in  and a few strong words, it is performing perfectly, fingers crossed as I am so reluctant to upgrade to Windows 8 as  it’s  creating such stress amongst my friends that  for the moment I just don’t want to know until they have sorted  all the kinks out out of the system.

New Year was quiet, finished some reading and writing and catching up on things that had been shelved until after Christmas.  My tree and  all decorations all safe and sound up in the loft. Almost a spring clean too, as  housework has been on hold for ages with  all the extra work and my gallivanting about over Christmas. I always say this  and I am sure some of you do to, “I am so glad to be back to  my  normal routine…..

Our weather has been terrible, very stormy with major flooding and loss of power through out England. The North West is not prone to floods it’s the coastal areas and  major river systems that cause the floods but now the ground is so saturated with the very heavy rain fall its hopeless, many  more  areas are being affected.  I feel for everyone who have been driven out of there homes and been without power for a long time, travellers stuck in far flung places separated from family and friends over the holidays.

I haven’t been out much but went to the first W.I. meeting of 2014 it was a “ Beetle Drive” and  such a fun time mixing and meeting new and old friends, a good start to the New Year..  Speakers Club started also with “Call My Bluff” another fun night to get the New Year off to a great start.

On the 18th January I am very proud to announce that my eldest grandchild  graduated from Edith Cohen University in Australia, she is now a qualified primary school teacher. I am equally proud of all my three children  who also have professional occupations supporting their communities.... I cannot go without a word of praise for my other grandchildren who bring so much  joy, love and pride into my life. 

Children are our joy,a gift to the world,
They are our future.
Our life's work that will perpetuate and run through eternity.
An ongoing gift to you and I of love and sharing,
Because that is what life is all about.
 
VCook 2008

Rather a sad start to the year was the death of a close friend and colleague. The church was filled to capacity, many retired and working midwives where present, it was good to catch up but equally as sorrowful to be saying goodbye to a dear friend. 

 I hope you are all ready for the challenges  of 2014 I think I am but time will tell.... I haven’t made any resolutions this year as I rarely keep them, so decided not to bother.

 Now here is a real treat for you, the latest album release of  one of  my favourite singer/ songwriters Sting    “The Last Ship”  The songs are related to his beloved Newcastle and the ship yards that are no more.   I am listening to this album a great deal it’s so good.


 Inviting you to listen to all the songs on the Album





No comments: